Sunday, June 8, 2014

Earth, Brick and Home oven


I am  a connoisseur of bread and make 3 loaves of bread every week.
It started as a hobby and is now part of my weekly routine.
I studied in 2005 at the the San Francisco Baking Institute and shortly after worked in the baking industry for several years.

I'm a purist, so the thought of making hand made bread from a hand made earth oven appeals to me.

Here are some photos that inspire me:

A beautiful brick oven at San Francisco Baking Institute

















Some German breads straight out of the oven

















Home oven set-up using a hearth kit.
This simulates a brick oven.
I place a  tray at the bottom to create steam at the start of the bake


















Freshly baked walnut sourdough levain from my oven


Open holed crumb, thick crust are desirable qualities
Beautiful design - totally inspiring!









No comments:

Post a Comment