Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Research Project Presentation (Cob Oven Door)

For my project I'm welding the bake door and the fire door for the cob oven. So far all the work I've done towards it has been with a team in class. 



We cut and measured the wooden templates for the door. 




The class used the templates to build the arch of the oven. And I will be taking the templates to my welding shop to start work on building the final doors.


One factor I wanted to take into account when designing the doors is whether they would be able to stand on their own, so that we wouldn't need to use hinges. I looked at several cob oven door images and here are a couple of ideas I came up with. Obviously these are not set in stone and I would love to discuss concrete ideas- especially surrounding the material for the door knob- so I can move forward with the final door.

No comments:

Post a Comment